Marilyn Kopczyk (BBA/CPA)
CFO @ Upright Land & Tree
Multifaceted professional with over two decades of diversified experience amid the Business and Healthcare Industry's. Competent skill-set covering Business Administration and Healthcare Management Practices. Business Accounting and Finance, Healthcare Billing and Coding, OSHA Safety and HIPAA Privacy Requirements, and Client and Patient Relations
Upright Land & Tree | 2012-current
Land & Tree Accountancy | 2012-current
All daily functions performed vary among the business entities, with slight variations in obligations suggestive of each clients individual needs.
▪ Administrative: Business Entity Formation, State Credentialing and Licensing, Insurance Assessment and Procurement, Copyright and Trade Filing, Business Plan Configuration, Safety Policy Development, Employee Screening and On-boarding, Marketing and Client Relations.
▪ Financial: Federal Estimated Quarterly and State Sales and Use Tax Submission, Profit and Loss and Financial Reporting, Industry Benchmarking and Forecasting, Accounts Receivables and Payables, Invoicing and Statements, Disputes and Reconciliations, Transactional Bookkeeping and Accounting.
▪ Technical: QuickBooks Online Setup and Maintenance, Website Development and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Medical Front Office Manager | 2009-2012
Medical Biller & Office Manager | 2001-2009
Medical Clinical Assistant | 1996-2001
All daily tasks performed were a blend of front and back office functions amid several healthcare entities, with slight deviations in responsibilities indicative of the primary role.
▪ Administrative: Physician Credentialing and Licensing, Safety Policy Development and procedural Implementation, HIPAA and OSHA Compliance, Marketing and Patient Relations, Explanation of In/Out-Patient Procedural Options and Risks, Pre-op and Postop Care Management, Clinical Coordination and Patient Advocacy. Call Triage and Surgical In/Out-Patient Booking, Laboratory Testing and Radiological Booking, Office Supply and Exam Room Inventory Upkeep.
▪ Financial: EMR and EHR Record Management, Demographic Entry and Insurance Verification, Pre-certifications, Prior-authorizations and Referrals, Co-pay and Coinsurance Collection, Charge Entry and Payment Posting, Electronic Claims and HCFA/CMS Submission, Patient Balances and Claim Follow-ups, Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and Denials.
▪ Clinical: Prescription Authorizations and Refills, Clinical and Surgical Assistant, Recording of Vital Signs, Performing of EKG, Administering of Vaccines, Phlebotomy, Urinalysis, Exam Room Preparation, Surgical Room Sterilization and Drug, Vaccine and IV upkeep.
Education & Affiliations
▪ Bachelors in Business Administration, with an added specialization in Healthcare Management, with a focus on Business Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Health Care Quality and Analytics, Health Policy and Advocacy, Managerial Accounting and Healthcare Finance, Principles of Marketing and Financial Management, Quantitative Analysis and Quantitative Methods, Management Information Systems and Healthcare Information Systems, Survey of Human Resource Management, Management and Leadership of Organizations, Healthcare Resource Allocation and Policy Making, Ethical and Legal Issues in Healthcare, Business Law and the Legal and Ethical Environment of Business.
▪ Associates in Health Science, and CMA Certification, with a focus on Clinical Procedures and Processes, Medical Law and Bioethics, Medical Terminology and Coding, Pharmacology and Diseases and the Human Body, Medical Office Management, Healthcare Code of Ethics, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Clinical Laboratory I, II and III, OSHA, HIPAA, CPR, AED, First Aide, Life Support, Blood Borne Pathogens, Occupational Exposure, Vital Signs and EKG.
▪ Diploma in Business Accounting and Finance, with focus on Principles of Accounting, Internal Management Practice, Accounting Data Graphics, Payroll Preparation, Tax Law and Income Tax, Financial Analysis and Statements, General Ledger, Journal Recording, Bank Reconciliations, Company Valuation and Performance, Asset Valuation and Liabilities, Internal Controls, Accounts Receivables and Payables, Fixed and Intangible Assets and Stockholder's Equity.
▪ Diploma in Healthcare Billing and Coding, with focus on Current Procedural Technology (CPT), International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Codes, Insurance Claim Procedures, Medical Office Administration, Medical Office Technology, and Medical Terminology and Coding.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Pro Advisor
American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
National Safety Council
National Safety Council